1. My mom and dad, and my brothers and their husband and wives and their children.
2. My wonderful husband and children.
3. My husband’s family.
4. My dog. I am always amazed at how much I love and appreciate Preston. He keeps me company and never, ever talks to me like I am an idiot.
5. My writing group. I was so flattered to be invited to join, and even more delighted now that we have been meeting on a regular basis. I feel so encouraged and supported by this talented and entertaining group of friends.
6. My five-year tour of duty as Chair of the Race Committee at the Eastern Yacht Club. It was a difficult job, but as I said in my farewell speech, I knew I could do it–despite my utter lack of experience or knowledge–because there are so many talented people I could call on to help. I was able to cross paths, to meet and to get to know SO many people who I might never have otherwise.
7. The eight days I spent recently at Marblehead High School. What amazing students! The teachers there are so lucky to have them. I really loved spending time with the seniors, and hope that my workshops were helpful to them.
8. The folks I work with. Man, I am so lucky to work with very smart, very talented people.
9. My new performing arts friends. Very excited to get to know them all better. I am having so much fun diving into this cult-like world!
10. Facebook. Seriously.